Thursday, 25 January 2007

Hugin

You may have noticed my extensive use of panorama photos in the last couple of posts. So far I always used the PhotoStitch software tool that came with my Canon camera. I didn’t want to spend much time stitching my photos together so I quite liked this drag and drop easy way of doing it. But the results were sometimes really crappy, especially with large panoramas and different viewing angles.

A friend of mine started to program his own stitching software a couple of years ago. Back then there were much too many options that you had to set in order to create a good panorama. But now this little panorama tool called Hugin supports both – a drag and drop quick and easy way as well as many options to improve your panorama. I was really surprised how quick and easy it is to create fantastic panoramas (much better then the PhotoStitch tool)! I highly recommend this FREE software!

No comments: