Not So SmartRiderIn 2006 the Public Transport Authority here in Perth introduced the SmartRider - a "contactless electronic ticketing system using smartcard technology" (cite) But since I am riding a scooter and hardly use the trains or buses I didn't see the point in spending A$5 for a card I hardly use, until recently ...
On Friday I went to the train station and I bought a concession ticket from the ticket machine. But when I was asked for my ticked and concession card I was told, that my student ID is no longer recognised :( On the way back on the train I actually nearly got a fine for that! According to this page only war veterans and Health Care Card holders are entitled to buy concession tickets from the machines, everyone else needs to buy a concession SmartRider. But the joke is, in order to get such a student SmartRider I need to present my student ID to proof that I am a student. So I did just that and bought one of these "Smart"Rider.

No comments:
Post a Comment