Saturday, 27 May 2006

eStudent Visa
I handed in my application for a PhD at Curtin about 6 weeks ago. Last week I finally got the letter of Offer and after I accepted I also got a COE (Confirmation of Enrolement). This number is necessary to apply for a student visa.
So I applied for a student visa last Friday and choose to pay via PBAY (online banking for paying bills). So I transfered A$420 last Monday via BPAY over the internet. It usually takes one business day to be transfered... well... usually.... My money has still not yet arrived at the DIMA (Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs).
So went to the local office here in Perth and asked them what to do. They said that they can't do anything! So I left my last statement that confirmes that I transfered the money. I also called my bank and they confirmed that the money has been transfered. So I called the DIMA hotline and they just adviced me to send an email - what I did.
This morning I finally got an email saying that my payment period has expired and that my online application is therefore invalid...
So I will continue phoning everyone to find out where my money is and how I can get my student visa finally!! That really sucks!!!

No comments: