Sunday, 14 May 2006

Well, I went back to Perth in March 2006. My aim: finding a university that would pay for tuition fees (ca. A$20.000 per year) and living expenses to do a PhD in Computer Science.
So far everything was really frustating! Every single plan I came up with - and I was really quite inventive - didn't work out...
But just after 2 weeks in Australia I got a full time scholarship from Curtin University of Technology (www.curtin.edu.au) for a PhD (3 years)!!! This was one of my happiest days of my life! And it just came out of the blue!
I did some research on the internet to find possible universities in Perth. I found the homepage of Svetha Venkatesh (www.computing.edu.au/~svetha), send her my CV and got an appointment to meet her the day after. After we talked a bit and she showed me around in the School she offered me a scholarship right away!! It was pretty amazing!!

1 comment:

White Buffalo Woman Goes Singing said...

Good for you, finding a school that will pay you to attend! I did this too. It means the universe agrees you should go to school. You are following the Divine pathway you should be, congratulations! This is why these things are "handed to you," as some might say. May your future shine brightly, my dear.

http://whitebuffalowomangoessinging.blogspot.com/
Cecking out my blog will assist your future, as well.