ANZAC Day
I reckon Australians are never as proud of their country as on ANZAC Day – not even on Australia Day! Everyone is waving flags and you can see veterans (digger) proudly wearing their medals and decorations.Somehow I always feel funny and weird on that day... I mean I am German…. I thought about waving my German flag, to commemorate my ancestors, but I don’t think they would be very understanding ;-)



Anyway we escaped on that public holiday up north to Lancelin. Together with a couple of friends in 4WD we drove through the dunes and along the beach to find the perfect surfing spot. It took us about 2h to decide which one was the best :-) But we finally stopped and went catching the waves. It was a really lovely day!

We even had a small BBQ, so we could have sausages for lunch. We stayed there pretty much the whole day – it was very relaxing! I even saw a small kangaroo family behind the dunes. But we were quite surprised how busy it was – at least 5 cars passed us during the day! ;-)

1 comment:
since fifa world championship 2006, it's also allowed to wave a German flag - even to tie it up to your car and never remove it again...
Post a Comment