Tuesday, 14 October 2008

San Diego Impressions
loud & noisy - San Diego seems to be a very noisy city. Maybe we only had this impression because our hotel was quite close to a main road and a train station. Whenever the train had to cross a road (with gates installed) the driver sounded the horn several times - even at 2am in the morning!

wheel chair friendly - I was a bit surprised to see that there were wheel chair ramps & elevators everywhere. Even the trolley car was equipped with a special door for wheel chairs. I mean that is a good thing! But.... (read next point)

fat people - I must say that I really noticed the large number of fat, overweight people in down town. Which also explains the wheel chair friendliness. The majority of people I saw sitting in wheel chairs weren't disabled they were just fat and choose not to walk. I saw young people with walking sticks because their legs couldn't support their weight any more.

fatty food & big portions - One morning I ordered pancakes for breakfast, they came in a stack of 3 and I managed to eat ONE. They were huge! And even the porridge I ordered the other day was drowned in butter. The bread tastes sweet, a slice of bread (43g) contains 5g of sugar!! Scrambled eggs on toast therefore tastes really wired. In the end Ian and I always shared a main.

No comments: