German and Arabic
My boyfriend Ian decided to do a German language course - I really don't know why he decided so... ;-)
In order to accompany him I decided to do a language course as well. I chose a course that runs at the same time as the German course - the Arabic language course.
Both courses run for 6 weeks, every Tuesday evening for 2,5h. We had our first lesson last Tuesday.
Ian is now able to say: Guten Tag, wie geht's? sehr gut, danke, nicht so gut, wie geht es ihnen?, Wie heißt du? Mein name ist Ian, eine schwarze Katze, ein brauner Hund,... and some more nouns and all main colours.
My Arabic course is surprisingly not as difficult as I thought. We learned the numbers from 0 to 10 (safer, wahed, egnee, talata, arba'ah, chumsa, setta, sab'ah, tamania, tesa'ah, aschrah) and the first 7 of 28 letters. And every letter looks different depending on his position in the word - beginning, middle or end. So far it is really good fun to learn the language as well as the Arabic culture!!
[I hope that I will not have trouble visiting the USA now that I am doing an Arabic course ;-)]

1 comment:
Hallo Annika!Dein Blog ist super...eine ganze Menge Infos die ich noch nicht gewusst habe!Gratuliere Dir zu deinem Stipendium und dem Nachwuchsprei von NRW. Du machst das richtig so! Liebe Grüße mal an Ian,unbekannter Weise ;).Schreib weiter fleissig deinen Blog und ein paar mehr Fotos, bitte ;)
Lass dich aus der Ferne knuddeln *knuddel*
LG Katja
Post a Comment