Work, work, work
I am really busy at the moment, lots to do at uni. At the beginning of December I have to submit my “candidacy”. After the first 6 months each PhD student has to write a short plan of what he or she is proposing to do during the next 3 years. Once this candidacy is accepted I am a “proper” PhD student. During these first 6 months the supervisors will assess the skills of each PhD student and have the chance to reject the candidacy of necessary.
Additional to this I am currently planning and organising a big data recording day. As I am working on face recognition from video at the moment I need a database to test my algorithms. Therefore we were kindly made available one of the CAT buses on the weekend. Probably next Saturday we will record lots of people while entering the bus. Unfortunately we are not allowed to drive around but we can mount additional cameras in the bus and ask people to enter and leave the bus a couple of times. I am actually really looking forward to this.

1 comment:
Hallo Annika! Dir scheint es ja sichtlich gut zu gehen am anderen Ende der Erde. Ich hoffe es bleibt auch so. Ich finde es immer wieder toll deinen Blog zu lesen...man weiß immer was du da so treibst! Ich drück dir ganz doll die Daumen, dass du ein "propper PhD student" wirst. Bei uns geht es in 14 Tagen los und ich kann es kaum noch erwarten. Meine Verteidigung ist nun auch schon wieder eine Weile her. Es ist alles gut gegangen und ich habe die Arbeit mit 1,6 abgeschlossen und mein Diplom mit 1,7. Jörg hat am Freitag seine Verteidigung und kommt nun so langsam in Stress, weil ja noch alles fertig werden muss und es noch viel zu erledigen gibt.. aber das kennst du ja ;)
LG,
Katja :)
Post a Comment