Sunday, 25 November 2007

The Great Bike Ride

My first real bike competition! I mean it wasn't an actual race, but a ride for charity. And it was soo much fun!! I met up with my friend Anke to cycle the 53km!!! around the river together. And it went really well as we both did approximately the same speed.
At 8am in the morning we lined up with hundreds of other cyclists of all ages - I think about 4500 participated this year. Some did the family run (12km) and others 1 (53km) or 2 laps (106km) around the river. [source of the picture on the right]
We finished the 53km in just under 2h. Just for comparison, Ian did the 106km in just under 3h!! Our maximum speed was 48km/h!! which is actually quite scary :-)
The weather was also really good for riding. At first I didn't like the grey clouds above they protected us from the sun, which was very good. And the route along the river is soo pretty!
These pictures of us are taken before and after the ride :-)




No comments: