My first packMy very first (proper) hiking pack finally arrived today! Since we will go hiking in NZ in a couple of weeks time I needed my own pack. And it wasn't an easy decision...
Some friends recommended MacPac (Esprit for Women) and all the internet critiques that I read sounded also very promising. I once tried them on in a shop and they seem to be really comfy. The only thing that put me off to spend the money so far is the design. This is probably a girls thing, but I don't want to spend A$500 on a pack that looks like 20 years old!
But now I finally needed my own pack and just a couple of weeks ago MacPac redesigned their whole range of packs! Much more features, apparently a better harness system. BUT 650g heavier than the old model and 100 bucks or so more expensive. And since they also reduced the old model by 50%!! I actually ended up buying the old model - I figured that out in the bush I don't really need to be thaaaat fashionable ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment