Sunday, 2 July 2006

My Birthday Party

Actually, I didn’t want to have a birthday party… All the people here that I know are either friends of Ian or people from the uni. I get along with Ian’s friends quite good! They are all really good guys but they are not (yet) really close friends of mine. Same with the people from uni because I just know them for about 2 months.
A party with those guys would be different from home where I would invite all my close friends who I know for a long time already.
But I am very glad that I decided to have a birthday party anyway! In fact I was really looking forward in the end. Because such a party is the perfect opportunity to get to know these guys better.

So we had a BBQ yesterday. And I was so happy about the weather because the forecast said some showers for the morning but it was a beautiful warm and sunny day instead and no rain at all.

We prepared some salads and yummy self-made apple strudel, borrowed 2 big BBQs from friends and made the front yard ready for lot of guests. In fact there were about 20 people. It was really a nice little party! I am really glad I did it!


The guys from uni made such a great present for me!! The made a gift basket with lots of German food. There were German sausages, German chocolate, mustard, gherkins, dumpling mix, German jam, ... everything very, very yummy!! And because they know that it I get quite cold on my scooter every morning when I ride to uni, the collected some money so I can buy myself some gloves. That was really nice of you! Thanks a lot!


And I also got a great Aussie presy (present) – Ugg Boots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots). They are not particular good looking, but they are very comfortable and soooo warm - I love them! I am getting more and more Aussie :-)
I also got more Explorer socks, a bicycle computer (so I should start to ride now...), a very nice olive oil decanter, wine and the LoneyPlanet for New Zealand.

No comments: