The closer you get to the Equator the short are the dusk and dawn periods.
I am used to very long dusk periods especially during summer time in Germany. I love sitting outside when the sun sets and you have this crepuscular [yes, I looked that up in the dictionary :-)] light for nearly hours.
But here in Perth these short dusk and dawn periods are sometimes a bit scary. The other day and went home from uni while it was still light outside. I had a shower and when I finished I though – hang on… who switched of the lights?!
Or this morning when I went to Curtin before 7am [I took Ian to the airport, otherwise I wouldn’t get up that early!!! ;-)]. I just went downstairs to copy something and when I came back someone had switched on the lights outside :-)
I think especially in summer time I prefer a longer dawn period. And they should also introduce daylight saving time in WA like in all the other Australian states – but this is an another topic on its own…

No comments:
Post a Comment