Wednesday, 23 August 2006

I did it!!!

I really did it! Last night!! I registered for “City to Surf” this Sunday.

This is a charity run from the city of Perth to the beach. Last year more than 25.000 people took part in this 12km run.

I actually hated running! But for some reason (which I can’t remember anymore) I gave it ago when I’ve been to Perth for the first time. I just started to run literally 500m to the beach (I was living close to UWA at this time) and back. I felt so exhausted after this short distance, it was embarrassing. But the good thing about running is that your endurance is getting better and better every time.

So I started running again when I came back to Perth in March this year. Again I slowly increased my distance every time I ran. Now I am able to run 5km in just over half an hour and I am actually really proud of this :-) I never ran 12km before but my aim for the “City to Surf” is just to finish without walking in-between too much.

Ian is coming with me and he promised to run slowly so we can run together and he can cheer me up every time I am down :-) Really looking forward to Sunday! I am excited ;-)

No comments: