Sunday, 20 May 2007

Winter is near…

… and it is getting colder and colder. I mean a 20°C maximum during the day is pretty cold for Australian standards. But this is the right time of the year to cook and try different recipes. So I was inspired by friends who gave me this recipe for pickled zucchini:
  1. 5 big zucchini, peal, cut out the seeds and cut into pieces
  2. 5 big onions, peal, cut into pieces
  3. 1 table spoon of mustard seeds
  4. 5 -7 bay leaves
  5. 15 - 20 pepper corns
  6. 50 g salt
  7. 200g sugar
  8. 0.5 liter vinegar (10%)
  9. let everything sit for 3 days, stir occasionally

Very quick and easy and it tastes soo good! But Ian asked me what you eat it with?! I was quite surprised by this question and didn’t know what to answer… In Germany we would have it with dinner, together with bread and cold meat and cheese. I ended up telling him that it is a salad that you can every time you want.

No comments: