Sunday, 10 June 2007

Rouladen and Parents

We had Ian’s parents over for dinner on Saturday night. So we went to the German butcher and bought all the ingredients for Rouladen, Rotkohl (red cabbage) and Klöße (dumplings), including freshly cut beef. *yum*
So I was busy the whole morning preparing and cooking Rouladen in our small kitchen. I think I haven’t posted a picture of our kitchen yet, … well I did not understate when I said small kitchen!! We are still waiting for approval to do the planned renovations, after which we will have a huge kitchen ;-)
But until then the kitchen is really tiny and the bench top space is really limited. And apart from the fact that Ian and I will always end up arguing about cooking procedures and stuff in the kitchen, we literally can’t cook together in kitchen because there is not enough room – which is, in this case, a good thing ;-)
Anyway we had a very nice evening with his parents.
But I wish we could have my parents over for dinner sometimes… I really hope that they will come to Perth again so that I can show them where we live, have breakfast together in our court yard on a Saturday morning, go out for dinner in a fancy restaurant and watch the sunset over the ocean, spend a weekend over at Rottnest,…

No comments: