Sunday, 26 August 2007

City to Surf

Well... what shall I say... I didn't do it... But I was actually highly motivated! Even though the weather forecast was pretty crap, I felt good and was ready for the challenge!

FORECAST FOR SUNDAY

Showers, heavy at times in the morning with the risk of a thunderstorm. Strong and squally NW winds shifting W/SW during the morning then easing during the evening.

But when I got up this morning my friend rang me and said that she called the bureau of meteorology and they gave out a weather warning with wind speeds up to 120km/h. And it was in fact very windy outside and it just started to rain. So I called up another friend of mine who I was suppose to meet in the city before the run. And she was also happy that I called her because she wasn't too keen either. So we kind of talked each other out of it – persuading us that we were keen but that it wasn't worth the health risk – the HEAD wind, the rain, it was cold ... :-) I then checked the internet and they gave a weather warning this morning.

ROAD WEATHER ALERT

Issued at 4:15 am WST on Sunday, 26 August 2007
Heavy showers and strong and squally winds are expected to increase the road hazard this morning throughout the metropolitan area.

So instead we enjoyed breakfast at Barchetta on the beach and a long girls chat – hihi
I guess in the end we are just wimps and sunny-weather-runners. But for my part – that is alright!! :-)

No comments: