Krav Maga - Women Self Defence
During the last couple of weeks I participated in a women's self defence course. According to our teacher "The techniques are based on Krav Maga, an Israeli self-defence system taught to the military and adapted for civilians. The main feature of Krav Maga is that the moves are simple and practical, and designed to be used by men and women of all ages, shapes and sizes."
It has been pretty good fun so far. We learnt how to fend off a knife attack, how to escape if someone is choking you or sitting on top of you,... There is always lots of giggling when we practice on each other and I don't know whether I would be able to apply these techniques if I had to. Anyway, I did this course just for fun and hope that I won't need to apply it ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment