Saturday, 29 March 2008

My Mouse

Recently my computer mouse stopped working. The cable close to the USB-plug broke slowly, which meant that the mouse would still work after a bit of wiggling, but after a while the cable broke totally. So I was looking for a new mouse and bought the only one that I liked in the shop - a small Microsoft laptop mouse. I wanted one that is small and light, which meant that it had to be one with a cable since all wireless mice have batteries, ie are heavier. But this mouse was crap! I want to use it on nearly any surface, not just on a mouse pad. But the mouse pointer kept jumping all over the screen on most of the surfaces I use - unlike my old mouse. So I took it back but was unable to find a really good replacement for my old mouse, plus my old mouse is not produced anymore :-(
To cut a long story short, this weekend I bought a simple USB cable and cut off one end of the cable and the USB plug off my mouse. A little bit of fiddling with the 4 wires running inside the cable, soldering, insulating and my mouse is working again :-)

No comments: