Monday, 7 April 2008

Helicopter Trial Introductory Flight

I gave Ian a voucher for a Helicopter Trial Introductory Flight for his birthday this year. So last Sunday he redeemed his voucher and we drove down to Jandakot airport - an airport south of Perth for small planes and helicopters.
Since Ian loves to fly his little remote controlled helicopter I thought he would enjoy flying a real big one as well. But talking about size, the helicopter there was actually quite small - a 2-seater with no doors!! So every time they did a right turn Ian could see the ground very clearly :-) But I think he really enjoyed it. He sat in the pilots seat on the right hand side and his instructor sat next to home. While the instructor did the take off and landing Ian was allowed to steer the helicopter once they were flying. But going through a quick theory with him I now know how difficult it is to fly a helicopter! You have to adjust the steering constantly in order to keep the helicopter stable and parallel to the ground. But I think he had lots of fun flying to the beach, across our unit and along the coast.

No comments: