Busselton Half IronmanWe drove down to Busselton on Friday night. Two friends of us booked a house there for the weekend since they were planning to do the Half Ironman on Saturday. But one didn't sign up because of health reasons and the other one 'messed up the registration' - that was his excuse ;-)
But he was still competing as part of a team - riding the 90km. We accompanied him, watched the race, went to the Bootleg Brewery and spend a relaxing weekend in Busselton.The house we stayed in even had a spa!! So the first thing I did on Friday night - having a looong hot bath! It was soo great! I can't remember the last time I had a bath - and I love them! Afterwards I rugged up and read a book - heaven :-)
The next morning we had a nice late breakfast while watching about 900 individuals and 270 teams competing in the Half Ironman
(1.9 swim, 90.1km cycle, 21.1km run). The fastest guy finished in 3h50min! It was a huge event but very well organised. The transition area was full of expensive bikes - altogether they must have been worth a couple of million!Things that broke or got lost during the weekend: a lens filter for a rather new digital SLR, Ian's car alarm / immobiliser - lucky the RAC just bridged it so we didn't have to get the spare one from Perth! Apart from these little incidences we had rather nice weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment