Generation Y?!
I was asked to help supervising high school students as part of a students-getting-to-know-the-uni-scheme. For one week in July we will show two students around our lab and they will also play with our equipment and software.
Anyway, earlier this week we very invited to meet-the-scientists. All participating students as well as the supervisors from various universities and research institutes came to getter to meet for the first time. When the first students showed up I already noticed quite a large number of accompanying parents - and I am not talking about primary students, the students were all between 16 to 18 years old. Apparently they are all part of the so called Generation Y?! So when we finally met our two students one of them was accompanied by both of his parents and the other one came with his dad and a representative of the school!

No comments:
Post a Comment