Diving with SharksI was on the phone to my friend in Germany telling her about the recent shark attack just south of Perth and that I witnessed a shark alarm AND I told her that I was about to go diving the next day. After saying this I actually thought about it a bit longer! The diving trip with the UWA University Club (UUC) was planned about a week ago. And since I haven't dived for quite a while I thought it would be a good refresher. After all Ian and I met during a diving weekend with this club. The recent shark attack was like a totally different not at all connected event. Just after talking to my friend I realised that they ARE connected. We were about to dive only 20km off the beach where a man was killed by a shark only 2 days ago. [My parents are probably going to freak out reading this ;-)] But the guys from the club said that the shark is probably not hungry any more and that it is more likely to be hit by a boat that attacked by a shark while diving. Anyway, we had a very nice dive, saw colourful corals, lots of fish and NO sharks. But I don't know whether I would do this again...

No comments:
Post a Comment