Friday, 29 December 2006

I am HOME again!

“Two weeks away it feels like the world should've changed but I'm home now and things still look the same… (Dido – Sand in my shoes) ”
I have been away for more than 7 months and nearly nothing has changed in my little home village in Thuringia. The houses look the same, the neighbours are the same and everyone still seams to do the same things. It is so fantastic relaxing to come home and everything is still the same! It feels like home!
I really enjoyed the Christmas holidays with my family! Decorating the tree in the morning of the 24th, going to church in the evening, having traditional potato salad and sausages for dinner and unwrapping presents afterwards. This year we had duck à l’orange for lunch the next day – yummy :-) We didn't had "white Christmas" as such but it was kind of white because of foggy weather on Christmas night. But finally today it snowed for the first time.
After some very relaxing days here at home we are preparing now for New Years Eve in
Dresden. I am really looking forward to see the fireworks in front of the old skyline of Dresden!

No comments: