Thursday, 26 June 2008

Trash the Dress

While researching the internet for wedding stuff I found this new trend from America - Trash the Dress! It is what the name suggests - brides trash their beautiful gowns after the wedding and document this in a photo shoot.
My first thought - After spending thousands of dollars on a dress, why would you wanna destroy it afterwards?!
But then I had a look at some pictures here and here and here.
My second thought - Why not? After spending thousands of dollars on a dress that I only wear once, why not have another photo shoot? And instead of burning or cutting the dress or messing around with paint you might as well just do water shots or something that doesn't completely ruin the dress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a bit freaky - I like that. Why not? I like the nature pic, the water pics and the ones in the dodgy looking areas. And true, those pictures don't ruin the dress completely.
Should be great photos! I wanna see them!!
A big hug,

Christiane