Once
"It may well be the best music film of our generation." (Chicago Tribune)
On the weekend we went to see “Once”. Ian heard that this film got really good critics. The plot outline on imdb.com says “A modern-day musical about a busker and an immigrant and their eventful week, as they write, rehearse and record songs that tell their love story. “ Which doesn't sound that great if you are not a musical fan. But this movie turned out to be one of the best movies - probably amongst my top 10. It is just gorgeous, happy, romantic, beautiful – I loved it! The music is just great. I will definitely get the soundtrack!
So it is really worth watching!! And for those who have watched it already. In one scene she says something in Czech... this is what she said: “miluju tebe”. You can look up the translation at wikipedia, but do this AFTER you watched the movie.

2 comments:
WOW! This is an Irish film made in Dublin! I HAVE NEVER EVER heard something from this film - and I am living in Dublin. That is really really strange!!!! I can hardly believe that! Well, I am a kind of shocked! Amazing...speechless...
Katja :)
Well, I guess you will have to watch it soon!! :-) It is really, really worth seeing. I enjoyed this film a lot!
Cheers,
Annika
Post a Comment