Package Insert (Packungsbeilage)I had to take antibiotics lately - which is also my excuse for not having done any sports for the last 2 weeks :-) ... but this is going to change! Anyway, when I got the package from the pharmacy it contained only the tablets - nothing else.
In Germany I am used to a package insert that is about 1m in length and printed on both sides in font size 6 or so. It tells you everything you may want to know and everything about things like side effects that you probably don't want to know. I mean I am not really keen on knowing what could probably happen to 0.001% of the people taking the medicine, but I would like to know whether there are any contraindications or whether it reacts with other medications, the recommended dose, what about alcohol, pregnancy, what to do if I have taken too much, ... In case I need to know these things I know where I can find the answer. But with these antibiotics from the pharmacy here - nothing at all. The only useful thing written on the package itself was the used by date.

No comments:
Post a Comment