Sunday, 23 September 2007

Snail Killer

I need one!! Someone / something that can kill most of the snails on our garden. Usually I respect every little creature on our planet and don't mind then living in our garden. But not if there are hundreds of them, in case of snails!
We tried the beer trap - didn't work.
We tried chemical warfare - only minor success.
Now I am trying to reduce their numbers by hand picking them, which is quite laborious. But nearly every second day I get about half a jar full of them!!! And our garden isn't very big!!! But then what do do with a jar full of snails?! Google helped and apparently the most humane method is pouring hot water on them - which kills them very quickly supposedly. Anyway, so I am picking away and boiling water until I found a better solution or until the hot dry summer finally arrives.

No comments: