Running, Cycling, SwimmingSome friends of mine called me a wimp because I didn't do the city to surf ;-) But nearly all of them didn't do the run either!!! Only the girls were more understanding and told me that I made the right decision :-)
Anyway, just to prove them wrong and because I planned to do this for a long time already – I cycled to uni on Monday morning. Ian rides to work every morning. So this Monday he took a little detour and we cycled together along the river. It was actually quite nice, watching the city waking up, the birds – I just love the big pelicans – and sometimes you can even see dolphins. But I had headwind all the way to Curtin, all 22km long, so it took me more than 1h to get there. And because the wind usually changes direction in the afternoon we had head wind on the way back as well *mhmpf*
On the way back home we went past Point Walter and found out that there is still a group of people running every Monday evening. So my fitness plan for the next weeks is: running on Monday (6-8km), cycling to uni once a week and because Ian started to train for the Rottnest Swim, I will also go swimming once a week. Let's see for how long I can do this ;-) The hardest thing for me will be getting up at 6am to ride to uni – I am just not a morning person!! I love to sleep in :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment